Saturday, February 7, 2009

CJ


























It's time to talk about my last born. I talk about him all the time. Partly cause he is still at home and partly cause he has so many issues. He's been a challenge since the day we decided to have one more child. He didn't come easily to say the least and when he did he was 10 1/2 pounds and 24 inches long. Giant baby. He never wore newborn clothes. He was born the same day his nearby Grandparents left on a mission to Croatia. He looked like his Dad from the day he was born.
L started school the month he was born so I had a lot of time alone with him. He was fun to watch and play with. I used to dance around the room holding him while he laughed and laughed but he would rather superman dive from the coffee table onto the couch. R (the oldest) always took great care of him. She was 11 when he was born. They have always been close. CJ has always been strong willed and there is a certain way to deal with him. He doesn't always like to do what the rest of us want to do but usually goes along with lots of coaxing. When he was in soccer and very young he decided he was done and wanted me to take him home. I told him to get back out and play. I few minutes later I couldn't find him and he was headed home on foot. In school he loved and complimented his kindergarten teacher but as the years progressed we figured out he really wasn't doing the things he was supposed to do. When I really started pushing it I brought home a stack of missing assignments. B noticed a burning smell and when we investigated found the smell to be coming from a stack of papers in CJ's window well. He obviously has some Attention Deficit problems but frequently along with ADD kids get what is called Oppositional Defiance Disorder. I used to watch CJ play and was amazed at the logic skills he had which tells me he is smart he just does not do well in a classroom setting. He even fights me when I try to help.
He is extremely creative and inquisitive. He wants to invent and just like Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein and Columbus, the kid definitely knows how to think "outside the box". It's getting him to think inside the box that's the challenge. He is very loving, complimentary and loves to hug.
When things broke, which seemed to happen a lot with him, he used to say "it's ok, Dad can fik-ix". Since B has left on his mission CJ has grown about a foot and is now taller than his older brother. That will be a shock for B in about 4 months. If we can just get through these next tough years I think we'll be ok. Don't worry, he wont be driving anytime soon. The deal is that he has to pass his classes to drive.
So to CJ- We love you no matter what and we're in your corner!

1 comment:

Risa said...

He may be a little stinker pot, but he sure is cute! I do love my baby bruder!