Friday, February 27, 2009

Do You believe what you hear?

OK, I have opinions. I have a LOT of opinions and the older I am the more I want to scream them out to everyone. They aren't popular or even politically correct.
I hate the media! Our up-and-coming generations have been so influenced by the media that you all (if you fit into this category) believe that you are all going to receive a million dollars in cash if it's said on TV.
First of all a Democratic president that we had 10 years ago (and his cabinet and liberal congressmen) decided everyone should have a house even if they couldn't afford it. When our conservative president (and his people) recommended a change in that policy they were "racist". Ten years later people of all races and economic classes and family situations can't pay for their homes. Mostly because they got into a lot more house than they could afford. They lose their homes and somehow that's a conservative presidents fault. So the media tells us that a new person with no experience can come in and correct years and years of greed and giving money to people who don't work. And even better, he's black (the white part doesn't count). It's politically correct to be black. My opinion is that he is well educated, talented and an eloquent speaker. He has new ideas that might need to be checked by someone with more experience. He is a great man with drive and personality! BUT the media makes him out to be a superhero while those who plod along serving thanklessly for years are considered scum by our liberal TV personalities. Did anyone but me hear the benediction at the inauguration? All the races were mentioned as having been through trials at the hands of the evil white man. I personally was offended and that doesn't happen easily. The thing I really didn't understand was that no one in the media had one dissenting remark. HELLO? Is anyone there. Did anyone listen? That is called reverse discrimination and it's politically correct.
Back to the housing issue that began the economic "crisis". If we were not told there was a crisis for most of us life would have continued along as it was. If we had listened to wise financial advisers we would not have spent money so readily and would have saved a little to pay for the things we NEED. We have become a very greedy society and it's coming back to bite us in our fat, lazy, gluttonous tushes. It's ok though, Obama is gonna give us lots of money (again, media) and take it from the rich guys that own the businesses we work for. Where is the incentive for them to succeed if we are going to take all their money. Then where will the remaining jobs go? We all better buy a farm and learn how to grow stuff.
Now were having gay rights rammed down our throats. I know gay people that I really like. I have nothing against them and I'm fine with civil unions. I don't want it to be in the forefront. I don't want to explain homosexuality to my young children. I don't want to see any of it on my favorite TV shows. I understand I have the option of turning my TV off and believe me, there are plenty of shows that have lost my loyalty. It does happen and my heart breaks for those people and their families who deal with same sex attraction. I don't understand it but that doesn't make it right with nature or God. American Civil Liberties Union only wants to protect what is deviant and immoral but not what is a basic religious belief. Whose liberties are they protecting?
I have more opinions but right now I'm just frustrated with the media giving the opinions they want out and not the truth. Where are the honest journalists?

3 comments:

Travis and Crystal said...

I loved this post Margie! And I completely agree with all of it!!! If it comes to wanting to scream your opinions out as you get older...I am going to be in BIG trouble one day!

Sandra said...

Well said. I totally agree. I am getting really irritated that every single kids show that I take my kids to includes some form of homosexuality, sometimes just a hint and sometimes very blatant, but all very accepted. It's become so common-place that children grow up now thinking that there are tons of homosexuals around and, in truth, the number is indeed growing. Sad.

westonbeal said...

AMEN! stand up and shout.