Friday, November 7, 2008

My Man

Since I want to write about things I'm thankful for here is the top of my list!This is my man!

We started dating in High School and he was just so funny and so nice. I compared every other guy I dated to him. He spoils me terribly. For years I never had to put gas in my car cause he did it. (Now he rarely drives my car but still puts gas in it occaisionally) Quite often I come home from work and he's cleaned the kitchen or done the laundry. One Saturday I got home and he had mowed the lawn but there were peaches falling off the tree so he picked up the fallen peaches and bottled them quickly. By the time I got home they were sitting on the counter in bottles. He has an amazing nack for fixing anything. One of Cory's first sentences was "Dad will Fick ix" He can build anything and loves to take on new projects.

This year he took our little laundry room and tiny bathroom and reconstructed the whole thing.


And made this:

He had to move the electrical wiring, water lines, drains, gas lines and dryer vent and even built the cupboards above the washer and built the counter with cupboards and drawers.

He didn't like the gates the guys with the vinyl had so he decided to build/weld one:




He has such tenacity, he will stay at a project till it's done if it kills him. I thought of going around the house and taking pictures of all the things he has built but it would take to long and I would have to clean all my stuff off of it but he has made our headboard, nightstands, entertainment center, shoe "condo", purse "condo", quilt stand, bathroom vanity, kitchenette, and a whole craft room full of cupboards and counters. and lots more. He has made a student desk for Risa in college and recently a really nice TV stand:

Thanks for 27 great years Honey, I love you!




1 comment:

Risa said...

Yeah, my daddy's pretty awesome!!!