Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change

We were reading scriptures together last night and Daren started. He was reading the header for the first chapter of Mormon in the Book of Mormon. At the end he read: The Three Nephites were taken away - Wickedness, unbelief, sorceries, and witchcraft prevail and Obama was elected President.

Guess what? I like change. I have heard a lot of fear and frustration in this election. I believe the scripture that says "when ye are prepared, ye shall not fear". We have not elected a sadistic dictator and we have people around him that will do the right thing some of the time if for no other reason than to further their own career. I feel amazingly content. I do see this as one more step to the end but we who believe the prophecy that says the constitution of this country will hang by a thread can see the steps we are taking to get there. BRING IT ON.

My feelings today are of gratitude. It's November. I don't especially love fall and I dislike being cold but I refuse to be gloomy when I have so much. I got in a warm shower this morning and all I had to do was turn a knob. (and pay my bill) I got in a comfortable car that took me safely to the gym and pulled back into a garage out of the rain and snow. I slept well in my comfortable bed. I have a pantry full of food and enough dried, frozen and canned food to last us for months. Our bills are payed and we are healthy. We have everything! How dare we complain?

I see young couples that built their second large home and now can't sell their first one and complain that it's the banks fault. For what, their greed? I hear complaints all day, not by the people I see with really crappy lives but by the people who have it all. We live in a free country. If the majority elects someone you don't think is suitable we get to make a choice again in four years or two years for our local people. Can we all be a positive influence rather than negative.

The theme for the day is "Don't worry be happy" I may even take my i-pod to work and play that all day. haha It's a great day, help those around you and smile!!!!

3 comments:

Joni said...

I haven't been overly concerned about the election either.

Thanks for being a ray of sunshine on this cold blustery day.

Cloves said...

I can't help but think that even those who are prepared fear a little bit. I am bothered by the uncertainty we all face. But I'm willing to see wear things go before I start fearing things. I do know this, no matter what, things aren't going to just get easier.

Sandra said...

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the "bring it on" attitude. When I was trying to tell that to Richard he was acting like I was nuts. He thought I was hoping for difficulty. I'm not hoping for it, but I do know it's coming and why prolong the process. Let's get it over with. That's all I'm saying.