Friday, October 10, 2008

Fabulous Friday

So Friday is MY day. It's 9:00 AM and I'm not even showered yet cause I DON'T HAVE TO! I do have a lot to do but most of it I can do in whatever condition I'm in. Daren works every-other Friday. Today would be his day to work but an aunt he doesn't even remember died and he had to take his parents to the funeral. (His Mom is from a very large family and it's an uncles wife that he hasn't seen in years) Later we have to do the neuro-feedback therapy that doesn't seem to be making any difference in our lives.
Anyway I have so much to do but sit here on the computer in my filth nevertheless. I really didn't excercise very vigorously so maybe I'll do more cause I can. But to the week. The only important thing I did this week was got to Parent Teacher conference for my 9th grader. He never has gotten school or why some kids stress about getting stupid assignments done. He would rather burn them in large stacks in his window well. (Now that's fire safety for a 10-year-old) Now it's high school and he still doesn't get it. He still is seeing what he can get away with not doing. Of course I stress but he has no idea how this will affect his future. He is failing his remedial math class!!! He just wont take notes and that's about a third of his grade. To redo this term he will have to stay till 6:00 pm and we will have to pick him up. 10 miles away. That's 30 minutes out of our lives every day, plus gas. Uugghh! The frustration of it all. I have discussed many times how all our children are opposites and it doesn't seem to matter how many you have, they are still opposite. My older three were all on the Honor Roll. If there were a Dishonor Roll Cory would be at the top of the list. He is however doing very well in gym, guitar and ceramics. When I sat down and told the teachers I was Cory's Mom they all said: "Im glad you came" At least they know I'm doing my part.

No comments: