Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Graduation!!!





I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I liked the arrangement so I'm leaving them alone. Of course it all happened quite by accident since I don't know what I'm doing on this but it was good. Now there is a bonus picture at the end that wont go away so enjoy that too.
April 26 was a red letter day for us, or purple as the case may be. (Weber States colors) Layna graduated from Weber State University in Zo0loGy. I'm so proud of her and she is so relieved. Her boyfriend Chris also graduated with his BS in Nursing and cousin Sariah got her second Associates degree in Clinical Lab Studies (something like that) I'm proud of all of them. We had a fun dinner here. Since L wanted to get together with Chris's family who was here from out of state and we wanted to be with her and there are no restaurants that want to see us in the afternoon of Weber States graduation we had CafĂ© Rio catering here. We got to know his great family and got to hang out as long as we wished in a comfortable setting including a park to run and play in across the street.
   Now L is back in Moab working as a river guide for the 5th season. The only summer she took off was one during her mission to London. Many people ask what she is going to do with that degree. She COULD: work at any zoo and would be great at managing the reptile house at Hogle Zoo since they have been lacking for years and she is not afraid to work with the very large reptiles. She could teach, she could get a masters degree but hasn't found any that interest her yet and she has even talked about working at the venom lab milking rattle snakes for anti-venom. You could say she is very unique. The plan is to get done on the river in October and travel in South America where she has friends from her mission who would put her up during her travel. At the end of the summer the L&C relationship will be assessed.... Wouldn't it be great to feel like you had everything ahead of you and many opportunities instead of feeling stuck in whatever we have to do?
   I'm super proud of my "Laynie" and super proud that both my daughters have their degrees. There is a level of peace knowing that there are more options for them and they could take care of themselves. I have great kids!

7 comments:

Travis and Crystal said...

That is awesome! I think people wonder why I have a degree....because i "just stay at home", but I can feel secure in knowing that I have something that I can depend on if needed....plus even if I am not in a career that uses my degree, I still use it EVERYDAY! I am sure your daughters will be grateful and can feel proud that they got their education!

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.