Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Wonderful days!

My 48th birthday was Tuesday.
I woke up snuggling with my Glow bug - my new Grandbaby.
I stayed Monday night so R and A could sleep as much as possible so when baby E wasn't really hungry but just making noises I could take care of her and since she had to be on the bilibed she was in the front room. When she fussed I held her on my chest and we slept like that for a couple of hours. What a beautiful way to wake up. I went to work that day but we had plans to celebrate on Thursday. The timing worked out well since CJ was going to camp for 4 days leaving on Weds so D and I left at noon and went to spend the day with R and Baby E. D was happy to see the baby since he hadn't seen her since Sunday when she was in the hospital. We fixed dinner there and all ate together then we left for the event: YAY!
We had tickets for the James Taylor/Carole King concert!
They are some of my favorite musicians and Carole King is what I listen to when I need "feel good music" I have so many CD's that someone else sings that she wrote the songs. So talented. Here we are waiting for the show to begin:This is the whole stage. She is at the piano and JT is sitting with the guitar at the right.

They did some of her songs and some of his.
They are looking older but still move like they are 30. She danced around in those heels like they were running shoes and she is so thin and 68!

This picture was from the big screen over-head, thus the distorted color but Carole had always left her curly hair down. Maybe it's a trademark but she still does although she has lost the color in her hair.
Here they are both on guitars.



Both looking older but still sounding great!

I've posted two posts today so be sure and check the next one. It's the most important one I've EVER done.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday a few days late!

Ronda said...

I actually heard a wonderful critique on their concert last week. They must have played around here lately, too. It said that it was one of the most enjoyable concerts ever.

Fowl Ideas said...

You had to buy those tickets way back in March?