Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ready for Christmas!

The tree is decorated, the presents are wrapped, the choir has sung and it's time for Christmas! Our new mailbox has a power outlet so we bought lighted garland. It looks so festive and made it through the wind. It doesn't lay as nicely but it stayed on, then the snow fell and it may be months before we get the lights out of the snow.
We've had get-togethers with my family:

and with his family:

The teens and young adults plalyed a rousing game of Perudo. It was so fun to watch them play. I think everything is taken care of. Now I just have to go to the grocery store to buy supplies for our Hors de'voures night for Christmas Eve. It's exhausting but so much fun to get together with family and friends. It's fun to imagine the excitement of our kids opening their ever-practical gifts. Maybe the fact that the gifts are practical reduces the excitement but I just can't give useless gift. It's fun never-the-less.
I'll try to get my Christmas pictures up soon.


No comments: