Monday, March 23, 2009

Teaching

I had an interesting experience yesterday. I usually teach the "Teaching for our Times" lessons but our month was messed up with conferences and such so I ended up teaching from the Joseph Smith manual. The lesson was on "Living with others in Peace and Harmony" The title sounds fine but the wording was difficult to read, understand and teach. Every time I read it I added a comment or scripture. I finally got to where I felt like it would be ok but had one of those early morning dreams just before waking that my reading glasses were blurry and my reference material (out of a women's magazine, I didn't even have anything out of a women's magazine) was half printed upside-down and the rest normal. Relief Society was also going longer and I had more time to fill. All in all a difficult situation.
I got there on time with an it-is-what-it-is attitude and surprisingly the lesson went very well. I used the questions in the manual and when the comments weren't coming immediately I reminded them that we had a lot of time to fill and I was not moving on until we discussed this. Everyone laughed and from then on we had a lot of participation. I actually ran out of time and had to make my final points quickly. I was so relieved. One more little testimony. We do our part and the Lord makes up the difference.

I had a super busy week and worked a lot of extra hours because I had a sick stylist plus extra church things in the evening. Friday, my day off, I was exhausted and got a few things done but rested a lot. It was so nice to rest. I really did mean to post something earlier but all I've done is work and the gotta do stuff. On to another week!

1 comment:

Cloves said...

I like your new background. We had that lesson last week. It was interesting.