Monday, February 8, 2010

Book review

Yes, I read a book and it was a 600 page book at that. I've read most of the Ender books by Orson Scott Card and wanted to read some of his non sci-fi books. Saints is a book about an LDS woman/family by an LDS author but certainly not considered an "LDS novel". It has some parts that are just to risque to be published by Deseret Book. It is however a story about a generation and polygamy in a positive light and tells the story of the characters gaining a difficult testimony of the "Principle". It made me laugh and cry. Since I don't have a lot of time for reading but become obsessed I usually read when I have a day or two off so I started it Thursday and finished it Sunday night and worked two of those days. Now I need to give my family some attention.
Last week I read The Associate - John Grisham. It was typical John Grisham and enjoyable.

1 comment:

Cloves said...

I read OSC's Stone Tablets a long time ago. It's his historical fiction about Moses. It's pretty good.