Saturday, June 27, 2009

Maiden Voyage!

We put the canoe in the water!

We went to Mantua and rowed around for a little while.


B and D tried it first and found out you can't stand in it.

It's not stable like a motor boat.

Of course, having been on many scout camps, they knew that

but I didn't quite grasp that until I got in and felt the wobble. It's water-tight and fast but the stability issue worries me.





I wasn't holding the camera when I was in the canoe so there are no shots of me actually

rowing but I felt the burn in my tricepts so I know I was there.


All-in-all a fun day topped off by a trip to the mall for:
Now I can clean with style!

3 comments:

westonbeal said...

I still say that canoe is too beautiful to put in dirty lake water. But, then what good is it, but to be displayed in a museum? What a quandary!

Margie said...

We display it in the garage and invite friends in to see it. Haha

Jill said...

Love, Love, LOVE my Dyson. I have the animal....purple, of course. You will love yours. Oh, and the canoe is way beautiful too. Haha. Congrats on the maiden voyage. And don't go scraping it all up on some river trip. Stick with the lakes, that you're used to.