Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Response to Joni's Awesome tributes!



Here is a little response to all the wonderful tributes Joni did on her blog. Thanks Joni, we love you!


Weston says:
Joni-
what I admire: Joni has a wonderful way with words. I love to read her blog and her short stories. She's also very talented musically and I love to hear her sing. I love her enthusiasm and fun attitude.

favorite memories: when Joni was a baby I loved to hold her and let her sleep in my arms. As a toddler, she was a great subject for my photography because she was so darn cute! On Margie's wedding day I went to Cedar City after being away for a few weeks. Joni came running to great me and she had big curls in her hair and a beautiful new dress. She looked so mature for a 4-year old that I almost didn't recognize her. She was also very beautiful on my wedding day and was very excited about helping wherever she could.
Joni, I am amazed at your insight into the personalities of your loved ones and your writing skills. The tributes are well done and appropriate. Thanks for using your talents in an uplifting way. - Shirley-
Joni is always straight forward in her expressions which,I think, is part of the reason she's so good at putting these profiles into words. She is a loving family member and friend and will not let differences of opinion stand in the way of maintaining a good relationship with ANYONE. She is a very loving mother and always responds to her children in a loving way. She uses good judgment in the discipline of her children and they always know that she loves them. She also shows her love for Daren freely and there's no way that he couldn't know that he means the world to her. And since Daren was not on her list of profiles, I think it's fitting to put in a tribute to him as well. Joni has always said that he's the perfect man for her and I agree. There's no one else that I can even imagine who would be as selfless and helpful as he is in Joni's times of need. He's a very patient and loving father as well - not to mention a very able and devoted member of the work force - whatever the job might be. He is devoted to his religious convictions and never says no to an assignment or responsibility. I, frankly, am amazed at his ability to keep it all going and be a pleasant person to associate with besides. He and Joni are a great team and I am thankful for, and proud of them both. Love Mom
Margie says:
Wow, we all know how thoughtful Joni is by concentrating on others to keep herself occupied at what she knew would be a trying time. She serves willingly and loves unconditionally. I loved carrying her around when she was little. I was amazed by her talents in singing and dancing and loved attending her shows once we moved back to Utah and have loved spending time with her as sisters now that we are adults. She has a very creative knack and does fabulous scrapbook pages. Her imitations of kids and situations always makes me laugh. She’s just fun to be with. Thanks Joni!
Sandra Says:
Joni is awesome. Her sense of humor is so compatible with mine (and everyone else, I assume). She cracks me up whenever we're together and we can just laugh and laugh. She's also very good to talk to when you need a listening ear. She truly listens with her heart and you can feel that she cares. She has a very good sense of people's essence and can pinpoint exact feelings in herself and others. That is something I've always been amazed by because often I don't know how to identify my own feelings. Besides all that, she is a talented singer, writer, crafter, and a good mom. I'm happy to call her my sister.
Ronda says:
I can't believe this talented woman is my full sister who I helped name. I remember shedding tears of joy whenever I have had the rare opportunity to see her perform. I am surprised that she would be surprised that I would travel to see her performances. I have been so excited every day to seewhat she wrote on her blog. I am so amazed at how she can be so spot-on with her evaluations of her family members. I didn't realize she really knew me as well as she does which is especially impressive because we have never been able to spend much time together. And she has such a cute family. What a successful woman!
Hey y'all, it's not too late. I'll add yours in when I get it.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Wow. Unexpected and completely wonderful.

I needed this today. Thank you. Thank you.

I love you.