Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Husband is Falling Apart

Our second daughter has decided to try life on her own as an apartment dwelling college student. She met a couple of girls online that were not prissy types (she couldn't take that) and they have been looking for a couple of months for just the right place considering location, price, safety and the privilege of keeping animals with them. They found a nice place and she cleaned tanks and fed her menagerie. (tarantula, snake and lizard. The cat stays with me and all her birds have now died) She is not taking much and we only had to move her bed, a microwave cart to put her animals on and an old second hand round bamboo chair.(they have a name but I forget) We got her moved and left her to settle. Easy job.
The next morning, EARLY, D woke up in extreme pain. His shoulder hurt and he couldn't get comfortable. It hurt in any position. 4 ibuprofen didn't help so he tried 2 Lortab. It took the edge off some but we made it up to Instacare as soon as they opened. It turns out he has an aggravated bursae. It doesn't take much just some awkward movements. According to Wikipedia: shoulder bursitis is more commonly caused by overuse of the shoulder joint and related muscles. After the spring event of back spasms that had him gasping with every breath I'm concerned that my hard working, in shape, raquetball playing husband is advancing in years. He's not even 50 yet. He still gets over these things quickly though and after resting one day was back to doing maintenance at the salon and we together bottled 16 pints of peach jam. Ahh, that brings me to my next post.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Poor D. You shouldn't tell me these things. I'm getting scared of all the pains that are possible. Pregnancy is teaching me that being old will probably not be fun (not that I think D is old). Bodies are fragile and resilient at the same time.

Risa said...

My daddy's not old enough to be falling apart. He just works to hard for his kids! I should know, i've been the recepient of much of this hard work!

Jill said...

Not 50 yet???? Only having seen him a few times I see him as a young father holding his first 6 month old daughter and then his 2nd 2 year old daughter in California. Not 50 yet? He still looks about 26 in my mind. Sorry to hear about his degenerate ways (body, not mind, hee hee, known in my world, medical, as degenerative changes)